Every mom needs support and motivation, and mommy-related inspirational quotes are a wonderful approach to achieving happiness because you are doing a really tough job. In this article, we have compiled a list of 100+ encouraging mother quotes. These quotes are also ideal for Mother’s Day or any other occasion when you want to send your mother a meaningful, lovely message. Let’s get started!
Proud Mother Quotes
Here are some of the most encouraging proud mother quotes to make your mom feel special and make her feel encourage.
- “Your most valuable parenting skill is learning to manage yourself first.” –Dr. Laura Markham
- “A mother’s love endures through all.” – Washington Irving
- “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside…when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.” –Author unknown.
- “Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.” –Fanny Crosby
- “My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.”–Ron Olson
- “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past is forgotten, and the future worth living for.” –Anonymous.
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” — Barbara Kingsolver.
- “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.” —Henry Ward Beecher
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother”. — Unknown
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever.” –Author Unknown
- “Men are what their mothers made them.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will find forgiveness.” –Honore de Balzac
- “All mothers are working mothers. –Author Unknown
- When you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know”. — Mitch Albom
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” — Maya Angelou
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.”—Gilda Radner
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.”– Cardinal Mermillod
- “A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflecting also on the past in the guise of fond memories.”—Honore de Balzac
Stay-at-Home Mother Quotes
Here is a list of some of the best quotes to send to your moms who stay at home and do all the household work.
- “Mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” —Marion C. Garretty.
- “Sleep is like the unicorn—it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any.” –Author Unknown.
- “A mother is the only person on earth who can divide her love among ten children, and each child still has all her love.” –Anonymous.
- “I remember my mother’s prayers, and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” — Abraham Lincoln.
- “Even if the whole world were throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay.” — Jojo Moyes.
- “All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “A mother continues to labor long after the baby is born.” –Lisa Jo Baker
- “Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections.” –Mary Organizes
- “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired. It need not be deserved.” —Erich Fromm
- “It’s not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings.”–Ann Landers
- The most powerful thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” –Author Unknown
- “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his”. –Oscar Wilde
- “Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me.”—Lady Gaga
- “A mother is the truest friend we have. When trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” –Washington Irving
- “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” —Tenneva Jordan
- “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” – George Eliot
- “The best place to cry is in a mother’s arms. — Jodi Picoult
- If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” —Stevie Wonder
- “He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark.” – J.K. Rowling
Tough Being a Mom Quotes
Here we have compiled some of the most encouraging quotes to send your mom on Mother’s Day to appreciate her selfless services towards you and your family.
- “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has one.” —Chinese Proverb.
- “And remember that behind every successful woman is a basket of dirty laundry.” —Author Unknown.
- “No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.” —Sarah Josepha Hale
- “Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life.” —Sophocles
- “Everyone loves their mom; everyone’s got an important mom, but for me, she’s really the guiding force.” — Taylor Swift
- “As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another.”
- “My mother is the bone of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong”. — Kristin Hannah
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.” —Victor Hugo.
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” – Kate Winslet.
- “Mother is the name of God in the lips and hearts of little children.” —William Makepeace Thackeray.
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers have only two hands?” —Milton Berle.
- “Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” -T. DeWitt Talmage
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “No language can express the power and beauty, and heroism of a mother’s love.” —Edwin Chapin
- “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best, after all.” —Benjamin Spock
- “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” —Anonymous
- “Mama, you taught me to do the right things. So now you have to let your baby fly. You’ve given me everything that I will need. To make it through this crazy thing called life.” — Carrie Underwood
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”— Agatha Christie
- “The love between a mother and a daughter is forever.” — Patricia Wayant
- “A mother is someone who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” —Unknown Author
Proud to be a Mother Quotes
Let’s cherish your mother’s sacrifices by sending her meaningful messages and love quotes to make her feel special and proud with these proud to be a Mom quotes.
- “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled”— Emily Dickinson
- “A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” —Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- “Behind every great child is a mom who’s pretty sure she’s screwing it all up.” —Unknown
- “The days are long, but the years are short.” —Gretchen Rubin
- “It doesn’t matter how old you are or what you do in your life. You never stop needing your mom”. — Kate Winslet
- “Here’s to strong women. May we know them? May we be them? May we raise them?”- Unknown.
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.”- Linda Wooten.
- “Birth is the epicenter of women’s power.- Ani Di Franco.
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there”.- Robert Browning.
- “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.”- Pamela S. Nadav.
- “Having kids- the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings – is the biggest job anyone can embark on.”- Maria Shriver.
- “It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.”- Erma Bombeck.
- “Being a mother has been the most challenging and the most rewarding position I will ever hold.”
- “There is no way to be the perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one.”- Jill Churchill.
- “Motherhood…is an act of infinite optimism”.- Gilda Radner.
- “A mom is a glue that holds everything together, even when she feels she may fall apart.”- Proudhappymama.
- “I’m thankful for my struggles because, without them, I wouldn’t know my strengths.”- Proudhappymama.
- “Children don’t ask to be born. It is a choice we make to bring them into this world. That is why we change and rearrange our lives for them”.- Proudhappymama.
- “The strength of a mother is second to none. Even when she is in times of stress, when she is fighting her own demons, when she is beyond exhausted both mentally and physically, nothing will stop her from finding the strength she needs to do for her children what she needs to get done.”
- “God couldn’t be everywhere, so that is why he invented mothers.” — Daphne Wilder
Mother Protection Quotes
Here is a list of the best saying and quotes to cherish your mom’s protection, the strength of your mother, and love towards her children.
- “It takes someone really brave to be a mama, someone strong to raise a child, and someone special to love someone more than herself.”
- “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.”- Jane Sellman.
- “Any mother could do the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.”- Lisa Alther.
- “Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary — it’s an act of infinite optimism.”- Gilda Radner.
- “Most people’s mothers are the most influential person in their life. But my mother survived the camps, and she was very strong. She made me strong, but she wanted me to be strong. That’s more important.”- Diane von Furstenberg.
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.”- Laura Stavoe Harm.
- “You do the best you can, even when you think you can’t. And that dear mama is not failing. You are amazing.”
- “To the world, you are a mother, but to your family, you are the world.”- Unknown.
- “Taking care of yourself is part of taking care of your kids.”- Unknown.
- “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.”- Oprah Winfrey.
- “My mother was the one constant in my life. When I think about my mom raising me alone when she was 20, and working and paying the bills, and, you know, trying to pursue your own dreams, I think is a feat that is unmatched.”- President Barack Obama.
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary — it’s an act of infinite optimism.”- Gilda Radner.
- “Just when you think you know love, something little comes along and reminds you just how big it is.”- Unknown.
- “I gave your life, but really, you gave me mine.”
- “Even on the days you feel like you are failing, look around. Your child’s smile will bring you right back up.”- Unknown.
- “Men are what their mothers made them.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “All mothers are working mothers.”- Unknown.
- “The most powerful thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.”- Unknown.
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will find forgiveness.”- Honore de Balzac.
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.”- Oprah Winfrey.
- “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best, after all.”- Benjamin Spock.
- “Mothers are a special gift sent from God above. They bless us with their nurturing and fill us with their love”.- Faye Diane Kilday.
- “I need you; I need you here; I need you now. I cannot do this alone. I need my Mommy, and dammit, I don’t care who knows it.”
- “It takes a strong woman to be a mom and an even stronger one to be my mom!”- Unknown.
- “A mother is someone who can make you feel like home.”—Unknown Author
I love You, Mom Quotes
Here are some of the most heart-touching love quotes to express your love towards your mother by sending her these romantic quotes and sayings on Mother’s Day and on any other occasion to make her day special.
- “I don’t say it nearly enough, but I want you to know that I love you, Mom. Thank you for everything that you do for me. I know that it’s not always easy being a mom, but you make it look effortless. You are amazing, and I am so grateful to have you in my life. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “I love you, Mom. You are the brightest light in my life, and you always make me feel like everything is going to be alright.”
- “No matter what life throws my way, I know that I can always count on you to be there for me. I am so grateful to have you in my life. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Love you, Mom! You’re my best friend, and I can’t thank you enough for everything.”
- “The best thing in the world is having you as my mom! I love you so much.”
- “The best part of waking up is realizing I get to spend another day with my amazing mom.”
- “Words cannot describe how grateful I am for you, Mom. I love you from the bottom of my heart. No matter where I am in the world, I’ll always choose you, Mom.”
- “I don’t say it enough, but I love you, Mom! Thank you for everything.”
- “There’s no place like home… and no one like Mom.”
- “I am who I am because of you, Mom. Thank you.”
Motherhood is always hard, and unfortunately, we don’t get enough time to appreciate our moms for their selfless services toward us. We have collected some of the most encouraging mother quotes to make your mom’s day special. Let her know how dear she is to you.