‘Ella’ is one of the most stunning names in the world. Although it is typically used as a short form of a number of other names, such as Isabella or Bella, there is also a plethora of charming Ella nicknames! There is definitely not a tremendous sum thinking about how short a name it is, yet there are positively an adequate number of choices accessible for you to find something that genuinely impacts you!
Although most nicknames end up being shorter than their originals, Ella is an exception because it can’t really be any shorter.
Ella – Name’s Meaning and Origin
This lovely young girl’s name is German and means “pixie lady.” It also means “deity” in Hebrew and “she” in Spanish.
Ella can, at times, be used as an appellation, as you can curtail it from various notable first names like Isabella and Gabriella. However, Ella has emerged as a popular first name on its own, just like many other nicknames for girls!
The name has been around since the 1400s, but its later notoriety was helped by its short, stylized nickname. A wide range of middle names for Ella goes well because of its soft, rolling sound. If you want, you can also make it a hyphenated name. Even some boy names might benefit from having Ella as their middle name to give them a slightly more melodic sound.
The popularity of the Name Ella
Since the Public Authority Overseas Retirement Association began assembling name data in 1900, Ella has consistently entered the frameworks. Ella was a trendy name at the beginning of the 20th century. Prior to exiting in 1929, she burned through 28 years in the leading 100. Until 1991, when it hit a record low of 901.1, it continued to decline annually.
From 2011 till 2020, It is ranked #40 on the baby names website among the most famous names worldwide, making it one of the most popular baby girl names in the world. In the United States, the name Ella is ranked #15, which is incredible.
50+ Best Nicknames for Ella
Even though Ella is already a short and sweet name, she could be referred to by a few cute nicknames. Loving names may, truth be told, be abbreviated forms of the name with extra components in specific occurrences. Family and close friends typically use these nicknames, which are sometimes reserved for adolescence. Remember that since one of the accompanying nicknames is well-known doesn’t mean it’s a terrible one. After all, there’s a reason they’re so popular!
Also Read: 90+ Adorable Nicknames for Emma That You’ll Fall in Love With
The best should always start with the best, and your child deserves the best nickname you can give her. Here is a list of Ella nicknames for you:
- Ella Bella
- Ella Enchanted
Shorter Nicknames for Ella
Even though the name of your beloved Ella doesn’t lend itself well to nicknames, there are still a few letters that can be left out or changed to make the name even shorter while still sounding exquisite. Here is a list of the shorter but prettiest nicknames for your Ella.
Silly Yet Adorable Nicknames for Ella
What kind of girl’s name would be complete without a sweet pet name that you can use to refer to her? When it comes to names for children, cute nicknames are a must. Funny name puns are also a great idea if you’re looking for something silly and cute at the same time. Here is a list of some of the best silly yet still super adorable nicknames for your little Ella.
- Ella Boo
- Ella Bug
- Ella Dove
- Ella Doll
- El Bell
- Ella Doe
- Ella Foefella
- Ella Bear
- Ella B
- Ella Elf
- Ella Gorella
The Perfect Middle Names for Ella
From long, intricate middle names to short, catchy ones, this sweet and adorable girl’s name works well with them all. However, it also stands up to more daring middle names like Ella Isobel and Ella Penelope, which are comparatively longer names. We are confident that you will locate the middle name that best reflects your baby Ella’s personality. Here are some of the unique and most favorite middle names for Ella, Which go perfectly when paired together.
- Ella Amber – It is an Arabic meaning of Jewels.
- Ella Amy – Cherished or to adore.
- Ella Anne – Referring to favor or mercy.
- Ella Beatrice – This means the cheerful one.
- Ella Claire – Bright or clear.
- Ella Catherine – Clearer or purer.
- Ella Courtney – This means short nose.
- Ella Beth – It is a nickname that is shortened from the name Elizabeth which means pledged to God.
- Ella Darcie or Darcey – Meaning dark-haired.
- Ella Faith – This means to have trust or belief.
- Ella Grace – A feminine, delicate name that conveys goodness and generosity.
- Ella Faye – This name means fairy in general.
- Ella Harper – The name means harp player.
- Ella Isobel – Meaning, a commitment to God.
- Ella Harriet – Meaning home.
- Ella Imogen – Meaning a maiden or goddess.
- Ella Ivy – Meaning as beautiful as a vine.
- Ella Jade – Named after the valuable green stone.
- Ella Jane – This name means God is gracious.
- Ella Lauren – Referring to a laurel crown.
- Ella Lexie – Protector of men.
- Ella Louise – Meaning a famous warrior.
- Ella Lucy or Lucie – The purpose of light.
- Ella May or Mae – Pearl or sour.
- Ella Maeve – Celtic for purple flower or queen.
- Ella Love – A beautiful and unusual selection for a name that means to love.
- Ella Marie – Meaning a sea-star star.
- Ella Margaret – It means pearl.
- Ella Odette – French name that means rich.
- Ella Nicole – Meaning victorious people.
- Ella Olive – Meaning olive tree.
- Ella Noelle – A brilliant Christmas child name! In fact, this signifies Christmas!
Importance of Having a Middle Name
A child’s choice of middle name can have a significant impact on how others perceive them. In an ideal world, your choice of middle name should flow with their first and last names, not be too confusing or upsetting for family, not be mocked by smarty pants at school, and most importantly, not make your daughter look bad as she grows older!
A family member, like an auntie, uncle, grandparent, or godparent, is the motivation for generally 55% of center names. The most dependable strategy for preserving a loved one’s memory in your heart is to select a middle name that honors their memory.
Parents have been known to give their youngster the mother’s original surname as a center name, consequently fortifying the connections among couples and protecting the genealogical record.
If you come from a particular cultural background, you might want to think about giving your child a middle name that honors your heritage, such as the place where you were born. Provide your kid with a genuine comprehension of history by following your family tree and finding a precursor with an uncommon or brilliant name.
How to Come Up with Your Own Nicknames?
Since this rundown of nicknames was so short, a considerable lot of you presumably couldn’t find what you were searching for. That is the reason I need to specify a few rules you ought to consider to assist you with considering one all alone. Have a go at using one of these four simple ideas to consider a name that matches your dear Ella the best.
1. Family Names Always Win
If you’re looking for nicknames or even middle names, you can’t turn out badly by looking into renowned individuals from your family in the old family tree record. To keep up with tradition, nothing compares to wearing and proudly displaying your “clan’s” history, especially assuming that the name is unisex and your youngster can wear it paying little mind to orientation.
The best part is that you can even explain to your child the meaning behind their middle name or nickname. I’m confident they’ll cherish the regard that accompanies having a name that has been around for quite a while!
They might even see it as a kind of roadmap and source of inspiration for the person they want to be, which will make their ancestors proud. This can be done with both girl and boy names, so Ella is not the only one who can do this.
2. Use Several Names
In any case, given Ella’s shyness, you can always add more epithets or center names if you don’t like the first one. In Hispanic cultures, where several family names are frequently honored, this is common. Additionally, your child will undoubtedly acquire her fair share of additional nicknames from her schoolmates.
As with any other name, avoid using too many, as trying to remember a lot of names and nicknames will be more trouble than it’s worth.
3. Recall Your Baby Name List for Inspiration
I’m sure you already had a list of the best baby names before you found out you were pregnant.
You might have regretted not being able to use the other ones when you finally settled on Ella. The runner-ups from those names can be used as a middle name for Ella or even slightly odd nicknames if they rhyme or are pronounced similarly, so you don’t have to be.
4. Memorable Visits
To wrap things up, assuming that you’re searching for thoughts, you can constantly shift focus over to our magnificent world.
Wherever you look, there are great many spot names that may very well give you a thought. If you can find one that holds a special place in your heart, give it extra attention, focusing more on that admirable thought and keeping the memory of important events intact.
10 Famous People Named Ella
Similarly, each rundown of nicknames incorporates a rundown of celebrities with a similar name, and it’s wise to remember them in case your kid needs somebody to turn upward to or, on the other hand, assuming you need a few thoughts and help to track down the best nickname.
The name Ella has been given to numerous historical figures and celebrities. Some famous people named Ella include:
- Ella Fitzgerald – For more than half a century, Ella Fitzgerald was the most popular female American jazz singer.
- Ella Henderson – Ella Henderson, an English vocalist, and musician, learned to play the piano and sing as a child.
- Ella Baker – An Human rights and civil rights advocate for African Americans, was one of the 1957 establishing individuals from Martin Luther Lord Jr. Southern Christian Initiative Meeting.
- Ella Mae Morse – An American singer Ella Mae Morse influenced rock and roll’s future with her blend of country style, jazz, and blues.
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox – American poet Ella Wheeler Wilcox is best known for her book Poems of Solitude and Passion.
- Ella Chen – Ella Chen is a Taiwanese television host, actress, and singer.
- Ella Eyre – British singer and songwriter Ella Eyre was influenced by Etta James and Lauryn Hill.
- Ella T. Grasso – Ella T. Grasso, 83rd Administrative head of Connecticut and first female leader of the floor.
- Ella Jenkins – Ella Jenkins was an American society artist and entertainer known for playing youngsters’ music.
- Ella Rose – Ella Rose was a Swedish supermodel who was Julian Edelman’s ex-girlfriend.
Even though there aren’t a lot of pet names or nicknames for Ella, the ones that are available are more than enough for your particular child. In addition, you can come up with a name that is a combination of Ella and another name to give her a name that is unique to you. We are confident you’ll pick the correct way regardless of which one you pick.